Anyone who listens to music or tries to sing to a song on the radio has misheard a lyric. Spotify has put together a list of the ten most misheard song lyrics. From the Huffington Post’s article, here are the lyrics. The often misheard line is first followed by the correct line
1. Blinded by the light…wrapped up like a douche when you’re rollin’ in the night / Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night (Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, Blinded By the Light) – 52%
2. ’Scuse me, while I kiss this guy / ‘Scuse me, while I kiss the sky (Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze) – 19%
3. Rock the cat box / Rock the Casbah (The Clash, Rock The Casbah) – 14%
4. Hold me closer Tony Danza / Hold me closer tiny dancer (Elton John, Tiny Dancer) – 13%
5. There’s a bathroom on the right / There’s a bad moon on the rise (Credence Clearwater Revival, Bad Moon Rising) – 12%
6. Take me down to a very nice city / Take me down to paradise city (Guns N’ Roses, Paradise City) – 10%
7. Animal! / Panama! (Van Halen, Panama) – 9%
8. Like a cheese stick / Like a G6 (Far East Movement, Like a G6) – 8%
9. Don’t go Jason waterfalls / Don’t go chasing waterfalls (TLC, Waterfalls) – 7%
10. I blow bubbles when you are not here / My world crumbles when you are not near (Macy Gray, I Try) – 4%
The next time you hear one of these songs you will now know the correct lyric.
Thank you for clearing up ‘Blinded by the light” – I have never understood what the heck he was saying there… 🙂 so glad the song isn’t about douches!
That one took me a long time to figure out also.
I know the lyrics and it still doesn’t sound like he says deuce! My younger brother when he was little thought Sheena Easton’s Strut……strut, pop, put it out….said striped potted pudding. That still cracks me up.
Stripped potted pudding, that is to funny
I always love these! 🙂
Glad you enjoyed it
I always thought it was “There’s a baboon on the right!”
I have not heard that one before. Interesting
I knew a couple of these! How fun!
I’m a very visual person so I always crack up at the images these misheard lyrics bring to mind.
It is interesting the lyrics people think they hear instead of what the true lyric is.